Home 9 Social Security Disability 9 What To Do If Your Claim Is Denied

This is an advertisement

Your Claim Was Denied. Now, What Do You Do?

If your initial claim for disability benefits was denied, don’t give up hope. A large percentage of Social Security Disability (SSD) and Supplemental Security Income (SSI) claims get denied at the initial stage of review – especially those that were submitted without the assistance of an attorney. Inadequate evidence, technical errors and any number of other mistakes can result in a denial letter.

Fortunately, you have the right to challenge the denial, provided that you act quickly enough. The clock is ticking at this stage of the process. If you miss the deadline, you may be out of luck.

Get Legal Help

Your first step after a denial should be to seek help from an attorney as soon as possible. In Warren County and southcentral Kentucky, you will find trusted legal representation at Debra L. Broz, Attorneys at Law, PLC. We can review your claim and determine what went wrong.

Our lawyers know how to secure the right medical evidence that may be pivotal in getting your claim approved.

Understanding The Process

The appeals process generally involves two steps:

  1. You must first request reconsideration of your claim. A different examiner will take a fresh look at your application. Unfortunately, many claims are again denied at this stage.
  2. Then, you must request an administrative hearing. This is a critical opportunity for you to make a strong case before an administrative law judge.

You can enlist our help at any stage of the process – the sooner, the better. The longer you wait, the higher your risk of further delays and denials.

Take The First Step With A Free Consultation

Because we offer contingency fee representation, you won’t have to pay anything upfront for us to handle your claim.* Get started by calling our office in Bowling Green anytime, day or night, at 270-782-8184. You can also send us an email.

*The client is obligated to pay case expenses as well as court costs in the event of a recovery.